Monday, July 16, 2012

Welcome to my new blog!

Hello, and welcome to my latest adventure: a 3-week study program in New York City to study religious diversity and education.  Thanks to a grant from the National Endowment for the Humanities and in partnership with the Interfaith Center of New York and Union Theological Seminary, I am able to attend the inaugural seminar of Religious Worlds of New York: Teaching the Everyday Life of American Religious Diversity

What awaits is a whirlwind of academic study and collaboration with teachers from all across the country, all of whom appreciate the need to engage in dialog about how and why to include the teaching of various lived religious experiences in our public schools.  I will be attending lectures and seminars led by scholars in the fields of religious studies, meet with leaders in religious traditions and visit their places of worship, engage with people in the diverse communities of Morningside Heights and Harlem, and design curriculum based upon my research for use with my students back home.

I am excited to be part of such a wonderful opportunity, and I look forward to chronicling my experiences here for you.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment